Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? -- Embracing (and Maximizing) Generational Differences in the Workplace
We’ve all heard the generational stereotypes: “Lazy, entitled, up-tight, quiet-quitting, disloyal, ok-boomer-ing, ‘Worst. Generation. Ever!’”
If you’re like us you find the broad-stroke assumptions, stereotypes, and insults wildly unhelpful. But you also recognize generational differences are real and can pose a significant hurdle to collective health and goal achievement. How are you supposed to bridge gaps to build an engaged, cohesive, and powerfully productive team amidst a diverse mix of competing expectations, preferences, values, and experiences?
Let’s talk about that.
We want to hear about the challenges and triumphs your teams are facing. This workshop will be interactive and conversational. Matt and Josh from The Leadership Tap will facilitate the conversation, but we’ll all benefit from sharing and sound-boarding with each other. Come prepared to discuss:
- How are you navigating productivity expectations?
- What are you doing to address the delta between generational motivations?
- How have you adjusted your hiring and training processes as Gen Z has entered the workforce?
- What situations seem to stir up the most conflict between generations on your team?
- How does the leadership in your organization talk about generational or cultural gaps?
We look forward to sharing and learning together!